Iron and steel are such two main and primary components that drive the economy’s growth. It is one of the mandates of construction and manufacturing materials. Thus, it becomes important to know about the Components of Steel and Properties/ Features of Steel. In this blog, we have discussed certain very much interesting and uncommon facts regarding steel.
In the construction process, TMT Bars (TMT Saria) and rebar which are made of steel only are used. Thus, it also becomes one of The Essential Construction Materials out of all the required Construction Materials that are needed in the manufacturing process of a building.
So without wasting much time, let us learn about the facts related to steel.
1. We all try to devote our attention to the environment as we all are suffering from major problems of global warming. As we all know that steel never loses its properties during the recycling process also. Thus, it can be melted and cast into any shape as required and also n number of times.
2. Kolkata’s longest bridge Second Hooghly Bridge which is the longest bridge as well is built using steel pylons 127.62 meters (418.7 ft) high. The Structural Steel used in the making of Second Hooghly Bridge weighs about 13,200 tones.
Also one should Select The Structural Steel Supplier carefully. Structural Steel also Provides many Benefits.
3. During the summer season, The Eiffel Tower grows about 6.75 inches due to thermal expansion.
4. Sir Henry Bessemer was the person who first developed the Manufacturing Process of Steel inexpensively in the year 2856 which ultimately led to the development of Bessemer Convertor.
5. In the year 1897, the steel-framed car was introduced.
6. Steel framed roofs are less impervious to termites.
7. Steel is 1000 times as strong as iron in its pure form but at the same time, it carries flexibility too which protects any structure better than iron. But one should also know the Tips on How to Protect Steel from Corrosion.
8. An integrated steel plant contains :
1. Ironmaking (conversion of ore to liquid iron/ iron ore -> sponge iron -> liquid steel).
2. Steelmaking (conversion of pig iron to liquid iron).
3. Casting (solidification of liquid steel)
4. Roughing rolling/ billet rolling (reducing the size of blocks)
5. Product rolling (finished shapes)
Therefore, the above mentioned are 8 facts that will surely excite you to know more about Steel. Steel is essential not only for huge construction purposes but also for your home building and other retail purposes such as an expansion of your home, roofing, fencing on stairs, etc.
If you are Looking for Best and Top Quality TMT Bars, then visit AVsteel, which provides the Best Birla TMT Bars and Rebar in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
For any queries and orders, feel free to Contact AVSteel.